Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Angles, Perspective and Basketball

I am a basketball official. I'm the one that coaches, parents, players and fans get mad at. The thing about being a ref is that you have a different perspective than everyone else in the gym. What very few people realize is how a ref must operate. 
Sitting at the top of the bleachers

The reality is, no matter where you sit in the gym, you will have a unique angle. That angle allows you to see the game unlike anyone else in the gym. Essentially, it is a movie only you are seeing. How awesome!! And incredibly frustrating. We have a hard time understanding how anyone can see a particular angle that is not our own. 

I'm not quite sure what it means to see every angle in a situation. Generally, I can just see my own perspective and that is what I stick with, then I lose the ability to see the bigger picture. 

That's how life works. God has bigger plans than we can see. I have no idea what he is going to do today, nor can I begin to guess. I have the ability to be annoyed by that or TRUST God, believing today holds goodness.

We go through points in our lives where we don't know what is going to happen next. All we see is what is right in front of us. There is nothing wrong with you. But what would it mean if you looked at things from a different perspective, or angle. 

I believe that as God walks with us, he asks us to take a step with him. He asks us to move over a few steps, he wants us to see an opposing view of our own. He wants to give us a gift, by helping us to see what he sees. 

Why not?
Choose to see it from His angle.


No comments:

Post a Comment